Shopping cart Cart empty
Notary Public Underwriters
 x 

Cart empty
Shopping cart Cart empty
  • Idaho Notaries
  • Create an Account

Notary Application Process

Is there an age requirement to become a Florida notary public?

How can I apply online to become a Florida notary public?

How to renew Florida notary commission?

How do I take the Florida notary Oath of Office?

How long does the Florida notary public application take?

What address should I mail my completed online Florida notary application to?

I made a mistake on my submitted Florida notary application. How do I correct it?

My legal name is hyphenated with my maiden name and married name, but I am divorced and don't typically use my hyphenated last name. Although my hyphenated last name appears on my driver's license and social security card, am I able to use just my maiden name (without the hyphen) on the Florida notary?

I was told that it would take up to 8 weeks for the Florida Governor’s Office to review my Florida notary application. Is this true?

My Florida notary commission expired. I wish to become a notary again. Can I renew my notary commission or do I need to start a new notary application?

May I be appointed as a Florida notary public if I live in another state?

May I be a Florida notary public if I have a criminal record?

How close to my expiration date should I renew my Florida notary commission?

Does the Florida notary application and notary bond require notarization?

Can I apply for my Florida notary public commission over the phone?

Is there an age requirement to become a Florida notary public?

Yes. You must be at least 18 years of age to become a Florida notary public.

How can I apply online to become a Florida notary public?

Notary Public Underwriters makes applying online to become a Florida notary easy! Our online Florida notary application process allows you to customize your notary package and pay online using a credit card. At the end of your order, just print, sign and send your forms to our office for processing. Click here if you are interested in becoming a notary or here if you would like to renew your Florida notary commission.

How to renew Florida notary commission?

Visit our Renew your Florida Notary Commission page to use our quick and simple online Florida notary application process!

Once you have finished the Florida notary renewal application process online, simply print out your completed forms, sign in the indicated areas and send it to our office for processing.

Mail your signed Florida notary forms to:

NOTARY PUBLIC UNDERWRITERS

P.O. Box 5378

Tallahassee, FL 32314-5378

If you have any questions about the Florida notary renewal process, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly Customer Care Team.

How do I take the Florida notary Oath of Office?

The Oath of Office is printed on the Florida notary application form. You take the Oath by signing under the penalties of perjury.

How long does the Florida notary public application take?

The entire process, from the time we receive your complete Florida notary application packet to your products being mailed, should take approximately 5 to 7 business days.

Our online Florida notary application and renewal process makes the paperwork quick and simple. It allows you to customize your new or renewal Florida notary package and even gives you the option to upgrade your state-required seal to a round or mobile version. Visit our Become a Notary or Renew Commission pages today to get the application process started!

If you prefer to pay by check or money order, please visit our Florida Notary Forms page to download the required paperwork to mail in with payment.

What address should I mail my completed online Florida notary application to?

You will mail your Florida notary application and notary bond to:

Notary Public Underwriters,

P.O. Box 5378

Tallahassee, FL 32314

If you are planning to use UPS, FedEx, signature confirmation mail or expedited mail, the physical address is:

5524 Apalachee Parkway

Tallahassee, FL 32311

Note: Please send all expedited mail to the physical address. Any expedited mail sent to the P.O. Box may result in delays.

I made a mistake on my submitted Florida notary application. How do I correct it? 

If the information you entered is incorrect, you may make the correction on the form directly by making a mark through the incorrect information and providing the correct information. Online applications cannot be changed once the order is placed, but we will make the correction once the application gets to our office.

If the application has already been submitted to our office, you will need to contact our Customer Care Team so we can determine the correct course of action.

My legal name is hyphenated with my maiden name and married name, but I am divorced and don't typically use my hyphenated last name. Although my hyphenated last name appears on my driver's license and social security card, am I able to use just my maiden name (without the hyphen) on the Florida notary?

Unfortunately, your Florida notary commission should be in your official legal name. If you want your notary commission to include just your maiden name, you would legally need to change your name. Whatever name you use on your Florida notary application will be the name your commission is under.

If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Care Team.

I was told that it would take up to 8 weeks for the Florida Governor’s Office to review my Florida notary application. Is this true?

For special circumstances, such as revoked professional license, disciplinary action and felony convictions, your application must go to the Governor's Office for approval. This may take a minimum of 8 weeks; however, if your application is sent to the Florida Governor's Office without all of the proper documentation, it may result in additional delays.

First time Florida notary applicants: We will submit your Florida notary application to the Secretary of State's office for approval within 24 hours of receiving your completed Florida notary paperwork and education certificate. The current turnaround time for Florida notary applications is approximately 3 days.

Renewing Florida notary applicants:  The State will accept your Florida notary renewal application within 4 months of your current expiration date. We will send your application to the State as soon as it is within the filing timeframe. Again, the Secretary of State's office approves within 3 business days.

If you have specific question about your Florida notary application, or would like to check the status, please contact our Customer Care Team.

My Florida notary commission expired. I wish to become a notary again. Can I renew my notary commission or do I need to start a new notary application?

You will be renewing your Florida notary commission. When you choose to renew, you will still be required to fill out a new application; this is required by the state to ensure they have updated, accurate information.

The only difference between a renewing Florida notary and a new Florida notary is that a new notary is required to take a notary education course, while renewing notaries are not required to. If you feel you need a refresher, we encourage you to purchase our Florida notary education course.

Please, visit our Renew Commission page to start the process of renewing your Florida notary commission today.

If you have more questions about the notary application process, please contact our Customer Care Team.

May I be appointed as a Florida notary public if I live in another state?

No. Only a person who is a legal resident of the state of Florida may become a Florida notary public.

May I be a Florida notary public if I have a criminal record?

Maybe. You are required to disclose convicted felony charges in a written statement and submit the related court documents along with your Florida notary application. You must also submit proof that your civil rights have been restored. The Florida Governor’s Office makes decisions about these appointments on an individual basis.

Learn more about the requirements to become a Florida notary public here.

How close to my expiration date should I renew my Florida notary commission?

The Florida Secretary of State will accept applications for renewal approximately four months before your expiration date. Renewing early does not shorten your current term. Be sure to allow plenty of time to complete all the forms and mail them to Notary Public Underwriters prior to expiration. This will ensure you do not have a lapse between commissions. Please see the Renew Commission page for more information.

Does the Florida notary application and notary bond require notarization?

No. Neither the Florida notary application nor the notary bond requires notarization by a notary public. However, you must swear or affirm under the penalties of perjury that all information in the application is correct. By submitting our online application you are confirming this as well.

If you are trying to Become a Florida Notary or Renew Your Florida Notary Commission, try our easy online notary application process that allows you to customize your new or renewal notary package and pay by credit card online.

If you prefer to pay by check or money order, please visit our Florida Notary Forms page to download a notary application and order form to mail with payment.

Can I apply for my Florida notary public commission over the phone?

You cannot apply to be a Florida notary public or renew you Florida notary commission over the phone. You can apply online on our website. Click Become a Notary or Renew Commission to start the online Florida notary application process.

If you don't see your question listed above, please contact our Customer Care Team. We'd love to assist you.