Shopping cart Cart empty
Notary Public Underwriters
 x 

Cart empty
Shopping cart Cart empty
  • Idaho Notaries
  • Create an Account

Change of Name or Address

Do I notify the state of Florida of a name change?

I’m a Florida notary public, what must I do if I change my address?

What should I do with my active commission, if I have moved out of the State of Florida?

I got married several months ago and changed my name. How do I get a new Florida notary stamp?

Do I notify the state of Florida of a name change?

Yes. Florida law requires you to obtain an amended commission within 60 days of the change of your legal name. If Notary Public Underwriters is your notary bonding agency, please contact our Customer Care Team to request a name change application form.

I’m a Florida notary public, what must I do if I change my address?

You must notify the Florida Secretary of State in writing of any change in your residence or business address or telephone number within 60 days of the change. You may download the Address Change Form and email it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to notify us of the change and file it with the State of Florida. 

What should I do with my active commission if I have moved out of the State of Florida?

If you have moved out of the State of Florida, unfortunately you are no longer able to continue your Florida notary commission. You will need to contact the Governor’s office to resign your commission. Please note: Whenever you resign a notary commission, if you ever apply for a notary commission in Florida again, the Governor’s office will need to review your application before approving, which may cause delays.

I got married several months ago and changed my name. How do I get a new Florida notary stamp?

If you have legally changed your name, you will need to complete an amended commission request and submit it to your bonding agency. Florida law requires you to obtain an amended commission within 60 days of the change of your legal name. If Notary Public Underwriters is your notary bonding agency, please contact our Customer Care Team to request a name change application form.

If you don't see your question listed above, please contact our Customer Care Team. We'd love to assist you.