Cart empty
Shopping cart Cart empty
Notary Public Underwriters
 x 

Cart empty
Shopping cart Cart empty
  • Idaho Notaries
  • Create an Account

The following are the most common questions asked by our customers regarding the notary application process. However, if your question is not listed below, feel free to contact us to receive an answer to your question.

What address should I mail my completed online Florida notary application to?

You will mail your Florida notary application and notary bond to:

Notary Public Underwriters,
P.O. Box 5378
Tallahassee, FL 32314

If you are planning to use UPS, FedEx, signature confirmation mail or expedited mail, the physical address is:

5524 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, FL 32311

Note: Please send all expedited mail to the physical address. Any expedited mail sent to the P.O. Box may result in delays.

I made a mistake on my submitted Florida notary application. How do I correct it?

If the information you entered is incorrect, you may make the correction on the form directly by making a mark through the incorrect information and providing the correct information. Online applications cannot be changed once the order is placed, but we will make the correction once the application gets to our office.

If the application has already been submitted to our office, you will need to contact our Customer Care Team at 800.821.0821 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can determine the correct course of action.

My legal name is hyphenated with my maiden name and married name, but I am divorced and don't typically use my hyphenated last name. Although my hyphenated last name appears on my driver's license and social security card, am I able to use just my maiden name (without the hyphen) on the Florida notary?

Unfortunately, your Florida notary commission should be in your official legal name. If you want your notary commission to include just your maiden name, you would legally need to change your name. Whatever name you use on your Florida notary application will be the name your commission is under.

If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Care Team at 800.821.0821.

I was told that it would take up to 8 weeks for the Florida Governor’s Office to review my Florida notary application. Is this true?

For special circumstances, such as revoked professional license, disciplinary action and felony convictions, your application must go to the Governor's Office for approval. This may take a minimum of 8 weeks; however, if your application is sent to the Florida Governor's Office without all of the proper documentation, it may result in additional delays.

First time Florida notary applicants: We will submit your Florida notary application to the Secretary of State's office for approval within 24 hours of receiving your completed Florida notary paperwork and education certificate. The current turnaround time for Florida notary applications is approximately 3 days.

Renewing Florida notary applicants:  The State will accept your Florida notary renewal application within 4 months of your current expiration date. We will send your application to the State as soon as it is within the filing timeframe. Again, the Secretary of State's office approves within 3 business days.

If you have specific question about your Florida notary application, or would like to check the status, please contact our Customer Care Team at 800.821.0821 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..