IMPORTANT NOTICE: Beginning October 1, 2018, all Idaho notaries must use an official stamp that conforms to the new requirements enacted by the
2017 Idaho Legislature. The official stamp requirements are amended to include the Notary’s state-issued commission number and explicitly allow a commission expiration date; conform to maximum dimensions for rectangular and round stamps; and be “readily visible” when photocopied. If you would like to purchase a new notary seal that complies with the October 1 format requirements, please visit our Idaho Notary Supplies section.
Order Notary Stamps

My Account

Each notary applicant must register and may complete one application per user account.

Featured Product

Welcome, Guest
Idaho Liability and Record Keeping
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why should I keep a record book?

Why should I keep a record book? 5 years 1 month ago #1102

Record books are an inexpensive way to keep a record of every notarization you perform. There are several advantages, including:

--A record book can serve as a reminder of the steps of notarization.
--A record book may protect you against a claim of negligence or impropriety.
--A record book may help prove you notarized a document when there is a question about your signature or when the notarial certificate is destroyed or marred in some way.
--A record book can refresh your memory about a notarization you do not recall.
--A record book is reliable as evidence in court if you have to testify about a notarization.
--A record book not only protects you, but may also protect your customer and your employer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Replies in Topic: Why should I keep a record book?

Why should I keep a record book? NPU Admin 5 years 1 month ago